Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2019

Short Sunset Walk at Breadsall


 I'm managing to keep up my enthusiasm for walking, but there are two difficulties - after a couple of longer walks my legs are less willing, so I'm looking for shorter ambles, and I'm running out of local places to go.





Time to get the maps out.  Looking on the local Ordnance Survey map, I discovered a footpath leading from Breadsall village, obviously once a through-road but now leading past a couple of houses and farms. It's a straight-line, there and back walk, but well tarmacked for most of its length, and, heading slightly uphill, gives pretty views back towards Breadsall village and over the surrounding countryside.





















 It looks idyllic ... but ...  hidden by the lie of the land the A38 Derby ringroad rushes past no far away, and the noise from it travels!  It's a good spot though to catch the sunset, and not at all far from home, so I may be back.





No comments:

Post a Comment