Pages

Tuesday 27 August 2019

Continuing my Get-Fit streak visiting the Hydrangeas at Darley Park


I'm a bit late with this post - firstly because I went to Darley Park Hydrangeas last week, the day before going on  holiday, and secondly because some of the hydrangeas had passed their best.




 Going out anywhere the day before a holiday might seem a little weird but it was all part of my 'get fit' plan.The previous week I'd done a couple of longer walks (well,longer for me) at Cromford and Locko, shorter ones at Breadsall and Carsington, and spent the weekend out at Biddulph and Chatsworth, gone nowhere on Monday, then wanted a short walk before a long day sat in the car, and I'm always happy to go out and look at flowers, so off to Darley Park I went.








There's a wide variety of a types and colours - it is a national collection, after all - so there were still many in full flower, though not the familiar round-headed sort you're most likely to see in a private garden.









I always get the feeling that this walled garden is a bit of a well kept secret, but I don't mind because wandering round there is best done in peace and quiet.




No comments:

Post a Comment