Pages

Monday 1 May 2023

A little bit further at Kedleston

Having somewhere local to measure my fitness against is proving useful. In February and at the beginning of March I was checking how quickly my ankles were improving. Now I'm tracking my Covid recovery - I've been left with unpredictable exhaustion so any exercise is slow, and sometimes frustrating, but I have noticed a general improvement. I know I could walk round local streets but they aren't very interesting and there's a lot of traffic. At Kedleston, just under a 20 minute drive away, I feel like I'm walking in the countryside, even though it's a designed, manicured version. 















As with any well-designed garden or park, there's always something new to
 see. The snowdrops and early daffodils have now finished flowering, but now there are later daffodils to be seen, masses of primroses, and the gentle uncurling of leaves as Spring advances. 




























I went to Kedleston a couple of weeks earlier than this visit, and couldn't manage to walk very far at all. This time I went further, and a little quicker -  up to the seats at the viewpoint, where we watched ewes and their lambs on the far side of the haha for a while, before heading back downhill.. 




Next time I hope to get as far as the bluebells. And maybe sometime round the whole Long Walk ...







 

No comments:

Post a Comment