Pages

Monday 13 February 2023

A very short walk to see snowdrops at Kedleston


Following my slip on the stairs at the beginning of January I haven't been able to walk far or get out and about, so I'm really glad that I'm beginning to recover in time for snowdrops. At the beginning of last week I decided it was time to try an afternoon out at Kedleston. My intent was to visit the snowdrops in the Pleasure Grounds then try a section of the Short Walk. Things didn't work out as well as I'd hoped though. 

What I'd failed to consider was the difference between walking on relatively smooth pavements near home and the unevenness of car parks and grass. A very short walk to see the snowdrops was enough, but they were worth the effort.




Snowdrops are always special, a sign that winter is almost over, spreading randomly down grassy banks and promising Spring's arrival.
I spotted a couple of other hopeful Spring flowers too. A very early rhododendron, almost hidden in behind other shrubs (possibly to shelter it from direct morning sunshine)

 and daffodils - only one in flower so far but many more waiting for a little warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment