Pages

Thursday 2 March 2023

Kedleston Again - Snowdrops and Daffodils




If snowdrops mark the end of winter, daffodils are a sure sign of the approach of spring, so visiting Kedleston last week I was delighted to see a huge display of them nodding in the sunshine at the entrance to the Pleasure Grounds.


Last time I visited the snowdrops were just coming out, and I feared they might have finished as the weather had been mild, but they were still there flowing over the banks looking wonderful.


The early rhododendron was further advanced this time, but still not covered in flower. Soon though.

It was a sunny day (one of the last few before the return of cold drizzly days), and with my ankles feeling a bit better, I decided to try to walk down the drive to the bridge. It isn't far but I haven't walked anywhere really since the beginning of the year and the distance proved tiring.
Once my ankles are fully recovered, I'll need a proper plan for getting fit again.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment