Pages

Tuesday 23 May 2023

Early bluebells at Calke

Bluebell time is always something special when woodlands are carpeted by a blue haze. I always like to get out and about and see as many as possible, but with rain and things that had to be done getting in the way I only managed one trip out. 









I thought that at Calke there was a short, flat, easy walk, parking by the children's playarea and avoiding the up and downhill sections from the main carpark. I wasn't quite right - it was more uphill than I remembered, longer, and, in places, slippery underfoot (the latter particularly worrying with my dodgy ankles).






The bluebells were definitely worth making a bit of effort for though, despite me having to turn round sooner than I'd expected. Downhill proved to be harder than up, due to tiredness and the strain put on my ankles, but hopefuly everylittle bit of exercise makes me stronger.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment