Pages

Monday 27 March 2023

A Very Short Walk among Kedleston daffodils

In an attempt to get some level of fitness back after Covid, we went out to Kedleston last week to see the daffodils along the Short Walk. By its very nature, the Short Walk is intended to be (you've guessed it!) short, but my walk was even shorter than that.


Turning into the Pleasure Grounds, the path is lined by a mass of flowers, and, although I'm not sure how visible it is in my photos, as you walk along, more and more appear from behind trees or round a curve of the path, enticing you to walk further.



I don't think there's anything that looks more cheerful and spring-like than a mass of daffodils nodding in the breeze, and this display was wonderful. Maybe I caught them at just the right time, maybe more have been planted in the last year, but they were much more prolific than I've seen them before, lining both sides of the Short Walk path. 








There are other spring flowers to be seen too - anemones near the start of the walk, primroses further along, and hellebores around the Hermit's hut.








This point, the Hermit's hut, was as far as I made it (I did say this was a very short walk). There's a convenient seat to rest a while, and to watch the bees flitting in and out of the hellebores, before turning round and heading back downhill.






 I had hoped to walk further - maybe down to the bridge over the lakes - but this proved to be far enough for the day. Even so it's the furthest I've walked since Covid struck, and recovery is best taken gently.

No comments:

Post a Comment