Pages

Thursday 4 June 2020

Lockdown - week 10: 26th May - 1st June

Another week staying in, keeping clear of everyone, with days slipping into each other. It's been hot and sunny but I've resisted the temptation to go dashing off to the seaside - to be honest the thought of all the other folks heading there is off-putting.

Instead I've sat in the garden, watched the birds splashing in their bath, planted out the last of the beans and tomatoes, and watched things grow.  






I've made time to finish a skirt project which has been sitting around for years, and took a short walk to pick elderflowers for fizz.


This week I've made an effort to cut back on my jigsaw obsession. The number of pieces in an online jigsaw is limited - 300 pieces - and I know they take a little less than an hour. Trying to cut that time turns a restful pursuit into a race, and stops it having any resemblance to mindfulness.

I've spent a lot of time watching live events from Hay Festival via Crowdcast (so many I've given them a whole post  of their own).

I caught this week's National Theatre Live; This House - the story of the beleaguered Labour Government of the mid70s, shown of the point of view of the Whip's offices. It was funny and interesting but I spent a lot of time trying to remember who was who from the politics of that era. 

The week's ended with the loosening of a lot of the lockdown restrictions - 6 people can now meet up outside so long as they maintain 2m distance. This means we can plan to see one daughter and grandson (before he heads back to nursery) but it's still not feasible to visit the other. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up as a family soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment