Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Mothers Day


 I was expecting Mother's Day to be weird this year with everyone more or less staying at home, and it was, but we made the best of things.

 I'd received a card, the previous day, from my 2 year old grandson filled with his best handwriting or maybe a work of art (one from his mum is lost in the post but will hopefully arrive sometime this week), we had a long family video-chat, and of course I went out for lunch with my younger daughter up in Manchester last weekend. Presents are waiting for some intangible future date.




The day itself was lovely and sunny, so I spent it pottering round the garden and picking some flowers.




And to round the day off, I cooked myself an experimental cake. I have enough eggs at the moment but can't rely on getting more, and, knowing there's a way to replace them with the water from tinned beans, decided to try that method. I was a bit too impatient though and didn't cook the cake for long enough, hence its rather hollow centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment