Pages

Thursday 26 March 2020

Locko before the lockdown






I've been quietly staying at home the last week or so, but on Monday evening, as if expecting the lockdown to come, I decided to risk going out to nearby Locko Park.

As I've said before, this place is a lovely tranquil spot hidden out of sight of a minor road not far from Derby.








The hall sits at the far end of a lake, and the public have no access (other than on certain charity open days in summer) but a public right of way follows the drive down to the lake and beside it for a while before turning aside.














Fortunately, unlike some of the Peak District over the weekend, it wasn't busy; just the usual dog-walkers in a couple of cars in the lay-by at the end of the drive.










It's a place we frequently visit but I don't think I've seen this wonderful bank of daffodils on the private side of the lake before. I rather wished we could have walked round there, or got a boat and rowed across for a closer look.














Nearer to hand I spotted celandines, wood anemones, and another clump of daffodils on the far side of trees




It might be a while before I can go out to anywhere I can't reach on foot but at least I picked a lovely evening for my last trip[ out.

No comments:

Post a Comment