Pages

Friday 19 July 2024

May and June


 These two months seem to have flown past. The weather has alternated between extremes - rain that never wanted to stop giving way to a few days of sudden heat, unfortunately then resuming. It's fair to say I've spent a lot of days indoors, which is not how I envisaged spending late Spring/early Summer. 

I did manage to get away a few times, and fortunately the weather was nice. Staying in a Canopy and Stars cabin near Tintern, a visit to my daughter, a family weekend away near Prestatyn.




Locally, we visited Calke to see the wisteria. Markeaton Park, where I discovered the Walled Garden, Kedleston for a walk by the lakes, Tissington for the welldressings, and walked round our local wood. Apart from being fun in themselves these trips out are also excellent ways to build my walking capabilities.












My youngest daughter was one of those lucky enough to gt tickets for the Taylor Swift Eras tour, but unfortunately it clashed with Fathers' Day, so we moved things round and celebrated. a week later; a family get-together, and lunch out the following day at Lorentes tapas restaurant in a glorious location by the river in Darley Abbey. It didn't hurt that this was at the beginning of the short blast of warm weather. 

I'm now just hoping that there'll be more sunshine and less rain for the coming summer months.


No comments:

Post a Comment