Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2021

Here we go again - another lockdown

 

It's not the best way to start the new year, is it? Being told to stay home, only go out for essential food and exercise, don't meet up with more than one person ... The weather has chosen to be contrary with tempting blue skies, though it's awfully cold, and, if I'm being told to stay home some snow would be nice.





I thought and hoped that the drastically curtailed Christmas would avoid a complete lockdown, but, no, it seems like things are totally out of control. I feel like we almost may as well have had the five day Christmas after all. 

I'm not much affected by it to be honest. I don't have work to go to or children to care for. Over this last year I've certainly got used to staying in and pottering round the house. But, I'm finding it harder this time. Partially I think because there's no fixed limit to this lockdown, and because having seen family at Christmas I'd got used to having people around again. 



I'd half-expected this would happen though, so I'd planned diversions of sorts - joining in with #12DaysWild, trying out my culinary skills with Veganuary, 



and luckily my daughters bought things for me to do among my Christmas presents (pretty wool and scarf-dying kit). 




I'm going to make the most of clear skies and my allowed daily exercise, and try to catch the sunset most days.


Soon it will be time to think ahead and start sewing seeds for a productive allotment and pretty flower garden, and before long the snowdrops will be flowering. I'll be kept busy - and that, I think, is the best way of getting though this.




No comments:

Post a Comment