Pages

Wednesday 15 January 2020

Searching for Spring at Shipley

  One of my New Year resolutions is to get outside more, so I'm making an attempt to get out walking at least once a week, and this time's destination was Shipley Country Park.







After a slightly overcast start, the sky had cleared to glorious blue by the time we went out.













Although there are no flowers yet in my garden, I hoped I might find some snowdrops as they frequently flower earlier there than at home - it was more like wishful thinking really, and I was surprised to find some actually in flower.












It's a sure sign that Spring is somewhere on the way.

























Carrying on, I found more flowers. Blossom this time - on a prunus of some sort (possibly almond or early cherry)


and a viburnum - both a wonderfully cheering sight.














I'm hoping now for a gracious glide into Spring, with more of these blue sky days, without any of the late February snow that the weather seems so fond of.



No comments:

Post a Comment