Pages

Sunday 22 September 2019

A Splendid Sunset - with a little help from the phone


Last week's return of summer brought some wonderful sunsets with it.
If I haven't had time to get out during the day a good sunset is always an excuse to go out for an hour or so in the evening. It's relaxing and adds to my steps count for the day.


On Tuesday I settled for a short walk up past the local playing field, round the wood to a point where I can see over Derbyshire (and a new building site, though that disappears in evening photos)




After a burst of yellow as the sun dropped below the horizon, the sky settled to blue with just a small glowing area to mark where the sun had set




But, waiting a while, the sky flooded with pink












To be honest, these four photos aren't accurate.














I haven't used filters but the phone exaggerated the colours I could see, deepening the purple and lightening the yellow.


They're too wonderful to not share, though





These last two are nearer to the colours I saw - still a lovely sunset, just a little less dramatic.
















No comments:

Post a Comment