Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2019

Quarndon Sunset



My get fit streak continued with another sunset walk at weekend - this time to the village of Quarndon just outside Derby.













I found this path a couple of months ago when at Allestree Park and noticed its almost ideal position for sunset-watching.









It drops downhill from the road, with wide open views to the west, and then another path leads back up. It turns out my map reading isn't very good though, because I'd expected a longer walk, so we walked round again, while waiting for the sky to flush red. It didn't.




There was still a bright clear glow from the horizon but not the dramatics of other nights this week.















It's a pretty spot though, with a feel of open countryside despite its proximity to the city, and another time I might go along with a map and walk further.










No comments:

Post a Comment