Pages

Saturday 1 June 2019

30 Days Wild

30 Days Wild is a Wildlife Trust initiative to encourage us to all get out there and add a bit of wildness to our lives during this coming month. I heard about it just a little too late last year (plus there were all sorts of bad things happening back then). This year I spotted a post about it on social media and, needing some sort of focus to my life right now, I decided to sign up. I haven't received my pack of ideas yet, so for the first few days I'll be making it up as I go.






 Different people obviously have different ideas about what exactly constitutes 'wild', and I think mine will be a very tame version of it. I won't be going completely off-grid, or trekking through a mountains, but I like to spend a fair amount of every day outside, gardening or walking, and with a little thought I'm sure I can make that time 'wild'.




Maybe I'll just watch the bees buzzing around my garden flowers, or the blue tits splashing in the birdbath. I could go out to a local nature reserve to spot waterfowl, or a local park to see squirrels. On the fifteenth of the month I'll definitely be heading to Wildside Festival, held by the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust on their farm near Ilkeston - it has bug-hunting and pond-dipping events for children but I probably won't join in with those, just sit on the grass (hopefully in the sunshine) and listen to music. It's still being 'wild' though, and supporting a good cause




You can find out more about #30DaysWild here on the Wildlife Trust's website, and follow the tag on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment