Pages

Friday 3 May 2024

Another Recovery Walk at Kedleston


Having spent most of four weeks confined to home with a series of colds, on a nice sunny day I headed out to start my newest fitness recovery plan. Of course as always, I headed to Kedleston Hall.


I like Kedleston because it's near to home, free to me as a National Trust member, and, most importantly, has a variety of walks of differing lengths - from a gentle stroll round the Pleasure Grounds to six miles or so round the park

This day was definitely one for the shortest of strolls around the Pleasure Grounds. These comprise a large lawned area to the south of the hall, with an open view over parkland, sheltered at either side by shrubbery, and at this time of year the rhododendrons and azaleas are in full flower.





It was warm enough to sit for a while looking out past the summer house to where lambs were frolicking beyond the ha ha. 
Finding more energy, I walked on, beyond the front of the hall, to another convenient seat; situated this time by a small area of trees with bluebells growing beneath them.






After all this exercise (okay, not that much) tea and cake were called for, and an amble down the drive towards the bridge to round off my visit. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment