Pages

Friday 23 October 2020

Fungi and autumnal foliage at Kedleston

This week's day out took me back to Kedleston Hall for a stroll under the trees of the Long Walk.

The day wasn't as bright as I'd hoped but the turning leaves made up for that, and it seemed perfect weather for fungi-spotting.







Off through the gates leading to the Long Walk. 













So many different sizes and shapes of fungi! I have no idea what any of them are.















At the end of the walk we took a slight detour to visit something we've not seen before - the Splash Pool. I'm guessing it was effectively a private swimming pool, formed, as the lakes are, by damming the brook which runs through Kedleston grounds. I'm rather glad I didn't find it in summer as a splash in it would be hard to resist.


 

1 comment:

  1. Some lovely colours there and what a great year it's been for fungi in 2020!

    ReplyDelete