Pages

Monday 20 April 2020

Bluebell woods




With no end to the lockdown in sight, I decided the only way I'd get to see bluebells this year (other than those in the garden) would be to brave the crowds and visit our local wood.








The bluebells were as lovely as ever, some anemones were still flowering, may-blossom starting to open and  the sun shone down through the network of branches and new green leaves, but it didn't feel as calm and relaxing as I'd hoped.









Sitting on the edge of our housing estate, this is always a popular place for people to walk, but there seemed to be more than usual - dog-walkers, families with baby buggies, children on bikes, runners.







 I managed to find a few minutes peace by straying on to the lesser used paths that wind through the centre of the wood, but once I left them there seemed to be someone approaching  every way I turned. I'm a great believer in getting outdoors but I'm turning into someone who'd rather stay home in the garden! I hope I can shake this off when lockdown eventually comes to an end


1 comment:

  1. I love bluebells! There's only a tiny patch of very tatty ones near me, so thank you for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete