Pages

Monday 9 December 2019

December sunset


December started with a clear cold day, and as the sun started to set the sky began to turn red.


After last month's One Hour Outside challenge, I'd promised myself to take more time outdoors, so instead of watching from inside I headed up the nearby playing fields to see how the sunset progressed.

Crossing the road I had to stop, very briefly, to capture the sun sinking over the hill. 

 Up on the field, things at first didn't look so dramatic ...









but I waited as the sky darkened ...




... and the sky turned red.


 An absolute stunner of a sunset, made special by the moon low in the sky.
It was definitely worth the short walk even though the temperature was dropping rapidly.


 I'm more determined now to keep up the idea of  getting outside. I won't go everyday, and probably not for long, but when time and weather permit I'll be out and about.


No comments:

Post a Comment