Pages

Friday 19 April 2019

Weekend wanderings


I've got to admit that I go out and about more - and put up more steps on my Fitbit - when my youngest daughter's home for the weekend.






To be honest 'more' doesn't take a lot of  effort, but we do go out even if just to somewhere on the doorstep, like our first walk - Locko Park.














It's a pleasant short walk, down the main drive to the lake, then across a field uphill to a wood. We turned round at this point, and ambled back, spending more time by the lake before heading back as the sun began to set.



























On Sunday (after a morning shopping in town!) we headed out in the afternoon for another lakeside walk - this time at Allestree Park.











 It's a busier, less relaxing spot somehow than Locko, but pleasant enough. We walked down through a wooded area to the lake, then round it and back through the golf course. Walking near golfers always makes me nervous (I'm convinced the golf balls are heading my way rather than any sensible direction) but I was pleasantly surprised to find no one playing on a sunday afternoon.


















Both days I managed to clock more than 10,000 steps on my Fitbit. I should definitely try to do this more often. I might try to skip the cake eaten over the weekend though - extending my birthday for a second weekend maybe wasn't a brilliant idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment