Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Decisions decisions; Saturday night out

It's not often I can boast that I have a choice of events to go to, but, due to not noting the dates properly, this Saturday I ended up with just that - a school reunion back where I grew up or a gig promoting the launch of a local band's single.
I'm always more tempted by something new, rather than 'same old', so, yep, we went to the gig.







The location was somewhere new - Dubrek studios in Derby; the music a mix of new - Eddie from Eddie and the Wolves, and Grawl!x - and familiar - George Gadd (without whom I can't seem to go out these days) and the stars of the show, Scribble Victory.
Eddie







George Gadd,
insisting we all follow
him outside


















Grawl!x


I've seen Scribble Victory playing part sets here and there, as they've often played the same venues as my daughter, but this is the first time I've caught a full set by them.
What would you call them? Pop? Rock? Band, duo, two-some? Whatever, it's one guy with a guitar, another with a set of drums, and both of them singing. Their music is toe-tapping and catchy, and they ended the night with The Proclaimers' I'm Gonna Be (500 miles). I think I chose the right event to go to :)


New-to-me venue and acts makes three things to add to the #60things list

No comments:

Post a Comment