Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2018

My Biggest Weekend (nothing to do with the BBC)


Radio One may have been off in Wales having the Biggest Weekend, but I've had one of my own here at home, with my living-away-from-home daughter back in town.

It started on Thursday with a JT Soar gig, and daughter (Ayres) opening for Mountain Schmountain and Scarecrow Boat.


Scarecrow Boat frontman, Dom

Chatsworth











Over the next couple of days we visited family, went to our favourite local places - Chatsworth, and Shipley - did some supermarket stocking up, called in at IKEA (what Bank Holiday would be complete without a trip there?) - and ate fish and chips from allegedly the best chippie ever (our local)




Honeysuckle-scented
azaleas at
Chatsworth







Shipley Country Park








Late Sunday afternoon while our daughter was playing in Nottingham at Dot to Dot festival, hubby and I went urban exploring around the city, through tunnels and wandering round its oldest park, the Arboretum.









Nottingham Arboretum


Monday night found us all back at JT Soar, with daughter supporting Bristol-based band, Vinegar. Timings and dog-walking meant I missed Alex Hale's opening act, and only caught the last few songs of Make A Halo's set (but they're both local so hopefully I can catch them elsewhere soon).





Tuesday came round too soon, and the car was loaded up for the trip up to daughter's Manchester home. I still feel sad when she leaves so luckily had something to occupy me that evening - Sean McGowan back out on tour, supported by Irish singer Anna's Anchor, and local guy George Gadd.

Now it's time to put my feet up, and ignore the Fitbit's promptings, for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment