Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2018

The first bluebells of the year - Chaddesden Wood

You know Spring is advancing when the first bluebells appear!





















Well, I say 'first bluebells', but that's not strictly accurate - there are one or two flowering in particularly sunny spots in my garden - these, though, are my first sighting of bluebells in the wild (or at least, in a somewhat tamed community woodland).







Despite its proximity to housing, it's a peaceful place which seems further away from urban development than it is, and when the bluebells flower it's glorious.


Now, I just need a free day and some sunshine, and I'll be off out looking for more bluebells. Last year's visits included Felley Priory, Shipley Country Park and my favourites Bow Wood and Coumbs Wood at lea Bridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment