Pages

Friday 15 October 2021

Summer in October at Chatsworth




October started with such glorious sunshine that it seemed silly to stay home - so off to Chatsworth we went to see the gardens moving in to autumn.











First, to the kitchen garden. I always rather hope that one day I'll have a space like this (although probably much smaller) - attractively arranged vegetable beds, a statue or two, and a mass of flowers to cut for the house.  

Somehow my actual garden never lives up to my dreams.



And, of course, somewhere to sit. This little shelter next to a garden shed is one of my favourite spots at Chatsworth, with a view out past the greenhouses to Derbyshire's hills. A perfect spot for a bit of relaxation and mindfulness, especially on such a lovely day.









Then a wander along the higher levels of the main garden by streams and ponds, where at this time of year the acers are turning all shades of red and gold.




It may be autumn but the flowers haven't finished yet. The Michaelmas daisies are familiar cottage garden plants


but there are also new-to-me flowers that I'd love to add to my garden (if only I had space!) I always leave Chatsworth inspired, even if that feeling doesn't translate into actual changes to my suburban patch.


No comments:

Post a Comment