Pages

Monday 9 November 2020

Chatsworth in autumn

Tuesday took me to Calke; Wednesday I headed in the opposite direction out of Derby, to Chatsworth.









I wouldn't normally take two days 'out' of whatever I do the rest of the week but I suggested the visit in a panic in case the grounds closed through this latest lockdown. They won't be after all, but the house will.





It was a gloriously sunny day to be outside.









The gardens sit on a westerly-facing hillside, catching the afternoon light perfectly as it shone through the trees.























As I've said before, my favourite area is the more natural, though perfectly planted. wooded area at the top of the garden, but there's a new path now running across the hillside, through the trees but lower down, and this area has been underplanted with flowers and grasses that fit with the 'wild, but cultivated' feel of this section. It could be a rival for my old favourite.











I'd spotted earlier in the afternoon that Christmas lights were being strung across the garden near to the house, so we stayed to see them. Work was still taking place on them, so another trip will be in order before the end of the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment