Pages

Sunday 15 July 2012

Prizes!!


Since I embraced Twitter a few years ago, I've become addicted to competitions. It's so easy to enter on Twitter - click the retweet button and follow! No filling in forms, finding a stamp, walking to the postbox - one click and you're done. I also seem to have found a winning streak. In the last year or so I've won books, bath stuff, theatre tickets, tickets to Chipping Norton Literary Festival  and numerous other things but a small recent win was one of the most delightful.

In celebration of the Queen's Jubilee Taylors of Harrogate were giving away a sample of  coffee and 'royal' edible goodies from Bettys - the famous tea-rooms and bakery. To be honest I'd expected rather vague dog-shaped biscuits and a chocolate bear with a bit of icing decoration - but they were wonderful!

The dogs definitely looked like corgis and the Guardsman Bear was stunning.









 His jacket and hat are made of marzipan with piped icing for braid, buttons and belt. The detail is amazing.













For a long while, I thought he was too good to eat......


.....but sadly even the cutest chocolate bear doesn't live forever.

1 comment:

  1. I use twitter, too, but haven't won anything yet. I love the bear and would have held off from munching to admire how cute he was.

    ReplyDelete