Pages

Wednesday 23 August 2023

Guess Where?


Kedleston Hall again! 
Where else, to be honest, at the moment? As I've said before, it's local, I know the paths, and I can walk as far (or not) as I feel like. And if I forget where my photographs were taken the deckchairs give me a handy reminder.























This time I decided to be a bit more daring, and head up the Short Walk. Not very far, just to the Hermit's Hut but it was useful practice at a very gradual uphill walk.


It's a pretty path between trees and wildflowers with views on one side over the park, and out over the surrounding countryside on the other. And a convenient seat at the hermitage.



Turning round I slowly headed downhill (it's actually harder on my legs that going up!) and through the renovated stables in search of a snack. This lucky horse had some apples, but the takeaway kiosk in the stable yard had closed.


On we sauntered then for a brief pause in the pleasure grounds - not in the deck chairs which seemed too low for me to ever get out of - while the clouds decided that now, with only minutes left till closing time, would be the best time to clear and let the sun shine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment