Pages

Monday 25 March 2024

Daffodils at Shipley

Having failed to find masses of daffodils on my trip to the Lake District, I decided to search for them nearer to home - at Shipley Country Park just north of Derby.



Daffodils are spread all around under the trees which once surrounded the (now demolished) hall. Obviously they were once laboriously planted but have now naturalised covering a huge area.





I don't think this is the best display I've seen there - possibly due to weather conditions last summer or over winter, or it could just be that the bulbs were in one of their 'rest periods' - but even so they're lovely






On the slope of Horsepool Hill, something white caught my eye, so I slipped and slid across the slope to find a wonderful patch of wood anemones.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment