Pages

Thursday 21 March 2024

Cromford


Making the most of some Spring sunshine, I decided it was time to try the Cromford to High Peak Workshops walk. It's not far - just over 2 miles there and back - it's flat, and I'd hoped for tea at the midway point , but last time I tried it I was left exhausted. 





It's a pretty walk especially on a sunny Spring day (on a hot Summer afternoon there can be pesky flies) with geese and ducks bobbing on the water, celandines coming into flower beside the towpath, and blue sky above.

The first half to High Peak Junction proved quite easy but unfortunately the snack kiosk wasn't open so I had to survive without refreshment. 
Returning was slower and involved more sitting down but it was a nice day so there wasn't any hurry.



I was starting to get hungry by now so very relieved to find that the cafe at the Wharf was still open and serving 'lunch' despite it being after 3 o'clock.







Re-fuelled, I felt I had the energy for a little more meandering so headed across the road to Arkwright's Mills - mainly for the purpose of seeing the newly refurbished water wheel that will provide hydro-electricity for the shops and visitor centre












 

No comments:

Post a Comment