Pages

Monday 1 January 2024

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year



How was your Christmas?

Here, it's been a busy, fun-filled week.



I'd volunteered to be in charge of the family Christmas dinner, and despite it being quite a few years since my last attempt I think it went well  (though I nearly forgot to cook the pigs in blankets).



 Apart from one evening when we watched Bridget Jones, it's been a tv-free zone. We've played board games - old favourites like Scrabble and Monopoly, and new ones like Catan and Dinosaur Bingo (who knew there were so any dinosaurs?!). Middle of the week saw my grandson's birthday - and MORE board games plus Hot Wheels.











On a wild, windy day we headed off to Calke Abbey to follow their Tudor Christmas Trail, and on a calmer one returned to Kedleston to see their Advent Trail again.


I feel I'm entering the New Year in a positive mood. The sun in shining, Christmas roses and winter jasmine flowering in the garden, snowdrops pushing their way upwards, and even a couple of brave polyanthus in flower. I know there's a lot of winter still to come - more dark rainy days and probably some snow - but the days are longer and it feels like Spring is on the way.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment