Pages

Saturday 12 November 2022

Red and Gold at Shipley

A glorious day of clear blue sky tempted me out to Shipley. At the moment it's looking particularly stunning - even the car park where I took this pic!
The bushes at the side of the main road were covered in rosehips and sloes (the sign of a cold winter to come, apparently), and the ground under the beech trees of Horsepool Hill carpeted with leaves.


The most stunning sight though was to be found at the top of the hill in the area that was once the garden to Shipley Hall. I spotted a glimpse of red through the other shrubs, and on investigating found a beautiful carpet of acer leaves.
Aren't they just fabulous? Definitely my kind of red carpet.




A good day for stopping and taking in the view, over the surrounding farmland or across Mapperley reservoir

And on our ambling we collected a pocketful of chestnuts. I saw other folks equipped with carrier bags which they presumably hoped to fill, but these are enough for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment