Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2022

LibbyAyres Art Exhibition

Solsbury Hill: Peter Gabriel


I'm just back from a couple of very exciting days away in Manchester, going to see my daughter's first exhibition of her synaesthetic art at GK Gallery in Salford. 



Scenes From An Italian Restaurant: Billy Joel

 Synaesthesia presents itself in a variety of ways but for my daughter it's seeing colours and patterns when listening to music. All of the paintings here are of specific songs or instrumental pieces - from Vivaldi's Four Seasons to Billy Joel's Scenes From An Italian Restaurant.  




Raglan Road: Luke Kelly


 Obviously this isn't the first time I've seen my daughter's work - after all when living at home she painted in the garage, and I've been along to her stalls at craft markets - but it's amazing to see them up on a gallery wall. 










Close up you can see how texture plays an important part in the work, with paint piled on paint, and ridges and grooves cutting through the layers.

Solsbury Hill close up

Four Seasons:Vivaldi

The actual connection between sound and finished art work is always a mystery to me. I often find myself attracted to a piece representing music I don't like, or a song I like will have an interpretation which seems bland and unappealing; both of which seem strange. 

La Vie En Rose: Edith Piaf



If I've piqued your curiosity, the gallery is on Chapel Street in Salford (near the old hospital), and, alongside the exhibition and other crafts for sale, you'll find a small cafe serving  tea, coffee and scrumptious cakes. The exhibition runs till around 6th December, and LibbyAyres runs regular Sip & Paint events at GRUB where you can explore synaethetic art for yourself, and will have a stall at their Christmas market.

 For more images and info find LibbyAyresArt on Insta

No comments:

Post a Comment