Pages

Thursday 9 December 2021

Chatsworth at Christmas - by night




A couple of weeks ago we went over to Chatsworth for a wander round the gardens by day, and another by night. I didn't want to plaster the night-time photos everywhere on my social media as I intended going back with my elder daughter and toddler grandson, and I wanted to see them in 'real-life' first. 



Last week we went back, and the experience was just as wonderful, though my photos were blurrier as toddler-wrangling and photography aren't a happy mix. You can probably spot which photos were taken on which visit :) 







 At night a few strategic lights can magically transform the most mundane space, but having a head-start with water features and rocky grottos Chatsworth becomes a wonderland. 







The house is also decorated inside but our only glimpse of that was through the windows.
























This is one of the most amazing sights - the grass on either side of the Cascade lit up with hundreds of lights. It definitely needs a better camera than mine to capture them, especially the colour.

















On thing was sadly missing on our second visit - a huge illuminated bauble, big enough to walk through, which unfortunately fell victim to the gales of the previous weekend. I hope the rest survive any further wild weather, as I'm hoping to be back again in the week or so after Christmas. (This is the time of year when I really appreciate my 'Friends' membership and unlimited number of entries)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment