Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2021

Chatsworth at Christmas - by day





I decided last week that it was time to start getting into the swing of Christmas - not by buying presents or putting up decorations but by heading out to see the illuminated gardens at Chatsworth. Although the house has been specially decorated at Christmas for many years, last year was the first with a garden trail (and very nice it was). From the social media posts I'd seen this year's was going to be bigger and better, and, although I intend to go back with my grandson, I wanted to get an early glimpse uninterrupted by toddler-wrangling. 




First though I wanted a wander round the garden in day-light, past the fountains at the top of the Cascade, 


















along the winding paths through Arcadia where Christmas roses were in flower,




















 


to the Grotto pond and Barry Flanagan's Drumming Hare, and walking back along above the Canal Pond with the House's windows shining in the setting sun.








Waiting for darkness to drop, we warmed up with snacks and drinks, then wandered back through the magical lights. I'm not posting pictures of those for a while, till I've taken my daughters to see them, but also because my phone ran out of charge part way round! So Chatsworth at night will be coming later. HERE





 

No comments:

Post a Comment