Pages

Sunday 17 November 2019

Skerryvore at the Bodega, Nottingham


I haven't been getting out to a gigs these past few moths; in fact, since July when I saw Deaf Havana at Derby's The Venue

I've been wanting to see Skerryvore properly for a while though, and missed them last time they were in Nottingham, so a couple of weeks ago I was off out to the Bodega.






I first saw them back in 2013 at a Free Fringe Music event at the National Museum of Scotland, and loved their mix of traditional Scottish bagpipe and fiddle music with modern rock and electric guitars. I'm just sorry it's taken me so long to go along to one of their proper gigs.










The music this time seemed louder and 'rockier' than I remember, with a lot more hand-clapping and foot-stomping from the audience, but I still loved it.
If you think you know what bagpipes sound like, think again :)




No comments:

Post a Comment