Pages

Sunday 3 November 2019

One Hour Outside 2019

rough seas at Porthgain, Pembrokeshire
It's always nice to get out and about in spring and summer, but over at Splodzblogz I spotted an encouragement to embrace the autumnal weather and get out for an hour each day throughout November.

It's not the pleasantest month to try such a challenge, but I'm in!


I recently realised  that over the past few years (nearer to a decade) once I no longer had to do the school run, I've stopped going out if the weather's the least bit dodgy. There's no longer any necessity to go out on a set day, or at a set time. Whether it's walking, visiting somewhere or for practical reasons such as shopping, if there's rain forecast or fog hanging round I'll stay home. A hint of drizzle? Stay in, it'll improve tomorrow or the next day.

I've become 'nesh', too comfortable in the warmth, and unwilling to risk a spot of rain. At the end of September, we went away for a weekend to Pembrokeshire, and most days were wet to some extent. But we survived and even had fun - though the wind tried to blow us over, and the rain came down in torrents at times.

I tried to join in with a previous challenge back in March 2017 - and looking back I see it didn't quite pan out the way I expected. I'd expect this coming month to be different - hopefully with more walking and exercise, though some of that may just be wandering round outdoor markets in the run-up to Christmas.


River Eden at Appleby

The first two days have proved easy - we were away for a couple of days so went walking around Appleby-in-Westmorland one day, and Dunham Massey the other.












Dunham Massey


An hour a day will test my resolution to go outside no matter what the weather, but I'll try at least :)




No comments:

Post a Comment