Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2019

From The Jam - at Rock City, Nottingham



Another week, another gig night!


















I'm starting, gradually, to get back into the normal swing of things, so the other Sunday we were off to Nottingham's Rock City  to see a band, or perhaps more accurately part of a band, from my youth. The Jam split in the early 80s, but Bruce Foxton (from the original Jam line up) and Russell Hastings keep their sound going.














looking through the sound booth

If you follow thus blog very closely (does anyone?) you'll know that, despite all the gigs I go out to, I've only been to Rock City once before and that was years ago (to see Frank Turner). On that occasion though I'd found myself a great place to stand - just behind the sound booth - and that's where I headed this time. It's not as close to the stage as some folks no doubt like to get but it's a little elevated so you can see over everyone in front.









The Vapors



Opening the night were another band from back in the good old days - The Vapors (Turning Japanese) - and the audience seemed mainly folks of my age who'd remember both groups from way back when. It made for a quieter evening than usual - less bouncing around in the mosh pit, more nodding along to the tunes :)








It was good night though. I never got to see The Jam live but this felt very close, and their sound hasn't grown old.

No comments:

Post a Comment