Pages

Wednesday 22 November 2023

A Slow Autumn



I'd hoped to get away for another short break before winter really takes a grip but so far my plans have come to nothing.



The end of October and early November brought in a series of storms and damp, windy weather, and although we weren't at risk of flooding or wind damage, nearby roads were closed and the countryside has generally felt too damp to be appealing. 











So I've spent time watching the garden leaves change colour or walking around the nearby park on good solid paths (though during the torrential rain even they turned to streams)








In the neglected treehouse at the bottom of the garden I found a fairy village of tiny mushrooms.
And this is the only tie of year I appreciate this huge sycamore which grows just behind our fence. For many months it blocks the light from the lawn but as its leaves turn yellow and glow in morning or afternoon sun it's forgiven.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment