Pages

Sunday 3 September 2023

Onward and whatever ...


I've mentioned this year's catalogue of setbacks to my health and fitness before  and I've decided that now is the time to start getting moving again. It's a third time lucky thing, I hope, with no more setbacks to come but starting out seems harder than I imagined it would be.

After the last trouble with my knee, I felt absolute rest was needed - so at times during June I was barely doing 500 steps a day. A lot of catching up was needed!
By the end of July I'd decided that a more constructive and structured plan than 'walk round the garden a lot' was needed. I started adding in short walks from my front door. There's a convenient circular route of 900 steps which I attempted first, and found exhausting. But I did it again, and again, and soon started making it a little longer. 
I got my weekly step-count up to 15,000, then 20,000. Onward and upwards. Maybe.

I've been trying over a longer period of time to get my average daily step count over the year back up to pre-pandemic levels. Last year, with a lot of effort in November and December, I managed to get that figure up above 4,000. With this year's level so far standing at 2,500, I worked out that I need to do an average of 7,000 steps a day to reach last year's mark. I doubt I'll get there, but you never know ...







No comments:

Post a Comment