Pages

Tuesday 26 September 2023

Not a nice walk at Shipley Park


I've been avoiding my usual walk at Shipley Country Park for a while - actually the whole of this year since I fell down the stairs. It starts with an uphill walk, not particularly steep, but quite long, and I didn't think my ankles could cope with either the up or down of it.


Last week though I felt brave enough to go. I've been walking further when out and thought I'd be okay. I was wrong.
The tarmacked hill was difficult, but the slippery path under the trees on Horsepool Hill was really troublesome with me struggling at times to keep my balance. It had rained in the morning and the leaves and beechmast one way then the other. 
Even having reached the flatter section at the top of the hill, I didn't feel comfortable. I've been choosing absolutely flat, well surfaced paths for the last few months, and this wasn't really either. Normally I wouldn't have a problem, but my legs were tired, and my ankles had had enough.

 If you go up though, you have to come back down, and this puts a different sort of strain on ankles. So, all in all, not a happy afternoon. I obviously need more practice at hills but gentler ones first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment