Pages

Tuesday 27 June 2023

An evening walk by Cromford canal

After spending the afternoon at Ashford in the Water well-dressings, the evening was too nice to head straight home, so I suggested a detour to Cromford for a quiet walk along the canal. 

I didn't seem to be the only one thinking it was a nice evening for going somewhere ...




I didn't walk far - it's a little under half a kilometre to this bridge and a convenient seat from which to which ducks and geese on the canal while the sun started to drop behind the hills - but rather late in the day I was beginning to realise that including the previous weekend in Wales I'd done a tremendous amount of walking by my current standards, and it was beginning to tell with aches in my legs and overall tiredness.






Time then to return slowly to the car spotting wildflowers along the way, admiring the views, but with an increasingly unsteady step. 
It was a lovely end to the day but I need to learn to tell when enough is enough.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment