Pages

Tuesday 20 April 2021

Jottings - April 18th - a busy busy week

 I'm determined to get out as much as possible now we're allowed. Partly I feel like there's no knowing how long this burst of freedom may last before another tightening of restrictions; partly the sun's shining, and spring is here, and I just want to be out and about. Whatever the reason it feels like this week has been busy one way or another.

The first trip was the fortnightly supermarket sweep, though, as it has been for the past year,  this is actually just the collecting part of 'click and collect'. It's not exciting as such but for a long while has been the only event in my diary, and now it's Spring there are blossoming trees, and green leaves appearing on the hawthorn, to be seen. 

Also it was a gloriously sunny morning, so afterwards we decided to seize the day and go out, if only for an hour or so, to Shipley Country Park. It's one of our regular just-out-of-town walking spots, or at least in normal times it is, but during the last lockdown it wasn't considered 'local' enough. The daffodils were past their best but just being able to get in the car and see somewhere different is still a novelty and so enjoyable.



With the good weather continuing we decided to go out again later in the week, to Calke Abbey for a short walk around the park and gardens.










On Thursday I had an outing of a different sort - an online afternoon tea book launch for Carol McGrath's The Damask Rose




And I rounded off the week with Sourdough English Muffins, made to a recipe shared on Instagram by the_fussyfoodie_   




I haven't though availed myself of the renewed opportunities for visiting either a non-essential shop (I've discovered most things can be bought online, and I don't miss 'shopping' as such) or the pub. They can wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment