Pages

Friday 12 February 2021

Too Cold To Snow?


While the rest of the country has been smothered by snow or wandering through ice-encrusted wonderlands, this is as exciting as things got here.

It's definitely been cold - so cold that the water in the bird bath has been frozen solid for three days (don't worry I've put out a plantpot saucer of water and if the ice won't tip out in the mornings I'll just put out another) - and snow has fallen, but for some reason it hasn't settled. 




On Tuesday I went out for a short walk, hoping that by moving slightly uphill and away from houses/pavements/roads there'd be more snow. 

There wasn't.








But I've tried to make it look as snowy as possible.







Looking north into Derbyshire, there were certainly more signs of the white stuff.







While we were out more snow fell, coming down in perfect snowflake shapes that lingered on my coat. I've never seen this before, and it's magical.




That snow shower gave a light coating to ground and branches, but didn't last long.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment