Pages

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Jottings - 13th December - busy doing nothing

 I'm not sure what it is I've been doing this week, but I seem to have been busy all the time while not actually having anything to show for it.

I haven't been out except for a click and collect grocery shop, and for my evening walks close to home.



 I made soup for lunch one day, watched the birds playing in the birdbath, dashed outside to snap photos of a rainbow one morning and several sunsets. It doesn't seem enough to fill seven days, does it? 





Although I'm starting to look forward to Christmas we've only made a token effort so far with Christmas decorations. I pulled last year's tree out of the corner of the garden it's been living in all year, and discovered one side looked almost dead. It's certainly not nice enough to bring inside but just by the patio doors with some sparkly lights on, and it doesn't look too bad. 


Much later than our neighbours, we put lights on the front of the house. They're old, some of the bulbs don't work, and look quite dreadful in comparison to others, but at least we had lights - then the cable got chopped in two by the garage door, and we didn't.





On Friday, as Facebook constantly reminded me, I should have been going out to an As December Falls gig in Nottingham. Obviously it had been cancelled. I wore my seasonally appropriate t-shirt anyway, and 'went along' to a zoom open mic at which my youngest daughter was playing. 
The garden is trying out some seasonal attire too, with both hellebore plants having buds peeping through, perhaps I'll have actual Christmas roses for Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment