Pages

Friday 4 September 2020

Not quite a sunset walk


September started with a lovely sunny, blue sky day, so I though the evening would be good for a sunset walk. My plans didn't quite work though. I was too late heading out and reaching a spot with clear visibility, clouds came along blocking the horizon, and day just slipped into greyness rather than a technicolour sunset.

So I turned my walk into a bit of a nature ramble instead - spotting hawthorn berries ripening in the hedgerow, clusters of acorns on the oaks, and finding my first conker of the season.




 All these things you can reasonably expect to see at this time of year. I was a bit surprised though to find a huge patch of chamomile growing in a fallow field. It's so easy to dismiss such a flower as a 'weed' but i though they were quite delightful.



No comments:

Post a Comment