Pages

Thursday 30 July 2020

Four seasons (perhaps more) in one day

Monday wasn't a brilliantly sunny day, but, although it seemed too wet for OH to head off to the allotment or for me to do anything useful around the garden, it did seem a reasonable sort of day to go out. The rain was no more than a drizzle, and I figured that little bit of damp would keep most folks at home.
So off to Carsington we went.





Things seemed promising when we arrived. The sun was trying to break through. Wild roses were flowering in the picnic area. I took my waterproof jacket off and tied it round my waist, and off we went along the dam.


Looking behind us everything looked fine


but clouds were gathering ahead. I hoped they'd pass by at the far end of the reservoir
and before I had chance to put my jacket on properly rain and wind hit us, possibly even some hail.
This was also the point at which I discovered my cunning exercise plan wasn't helping me lose width yet - and although I could fasten my jacket I couldn't pull it down over my hips!


I was soaked.
I could barely have got wetter if I'd sat down in a puddle.

The only thing to be done was drag ourselves back to the car, and go home

Then the sun came out!


So, with another change of plan, we carried on in the direction we were now heading, through the picnic area and along the eastern side of the water for a little way to where a stone cottage sits with an interior made completely from wood.
If we'd walked this way earlier, we'd perhaps have been able to shelter inside from the torrential rain.


Looking out over the water, back towards the dam, we could see clouds gathering again, and decided to quit for the day. 


It takes about twenty minutes to get home, and by then the sun had come out completely, and stayed that way all evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment