Pages

Thursday 1 November 2018

Old Market Scare - Halloween in Nottingham




I haven't been out and about in the evening much (if at all) recently, but last weekend I had a bit of time to pass in Nottingham, and, heading to grab a coffee, found Old Market Square had been taken over for Halloween by giant pumpkins and ghoulish spectres.
































There were the usual food stalls, and hook-a-duck style attractions all given a Halloween twist with skulls and skeletons, a Haunted House and a Ghost Train, and, scariest of all in my opinion, one of those fairground rides which takes you up in the air and twirls you around.



































Even the Council House clock was getting into the mood, bathed in blood red light!













I knew Nottingham had a similar, bigger, event in Market Square in the run up to Christmas, but finding this was a delightful surprise. Next year I might go along deliberately.






No comments:

Post a Comment