Pages

Friday 28 April 2017

More bluebells - Shipley Country Park



Tell me there are bluebells to be seen, and I'm off like a shot to find them, so when I heard they were in flower at Shipley I had to go!


I've not actually seen these bluebells before but suspected there were some from seeing the leaves shooting up between daffodils earlier in the year.


Approaching from Mapperley, and walking up Horsepool Hill,  I feared at first that the bluebell patches would be thinner on the ground than I'd expected, but as the hill levelled off and the path swung round the former gardens their number increased.







We found some other unexpected flowers - an early-blossoming rose,















and some rhododendron bushes, which, while definitely stragglier than the specimens at Lea Gardens, were still trying their best.




No comments:

Post a Comment