Pages

Saturday 6 April 2013

Belton House



Belton House is one of my favourite National Trust properties. I first visited a long long while ago when it was still privately owned. A caravan rally was being held there and we stayed on the lawn just in front of the house.







 I remember sitting at the caravan window drawing the house for art homework













 and early in the morning wandering round the empty gardens as if they were my own.















 Since then I've been back with my elder daughter when she wanted to visit the Moondial, made famous in Helen Cresswell's book and a TV series, and many times as a mid-way break on trips to Norfolk.




 This week we accidentally picked a day when the house itself wasn't open so we strolled round the grounds, tried to get lost in the maze and visited the orangery with its camellias and goldfish pond






No comments:

Post a Comment